Italian Stuffed Peppers
This is a quick and easy recipe for Italian Stuffed Peppers. The peppers are stuffed to the top with ground Italian sausage and rice mixture, then topped with cheese! This is a recipe you are not going to want to miss out on for sure!
Bell peppers are the best thing to stuff these full of yummy-ness. Especially those extra large ones this time of year ready to harvest in your summer gardens. Bell peppers of any color taste amazing roasted. The only struggle with these stuffed peppers is the proper way to eat them. Do I cut it in smaller bite size pieces for the less messy way, or pick it up and eat it? 🙂 I say how ever you want to eat these is great. You are going to want to get it in your mouth though.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate the crowed you are feeding. The sauce can be made a head of time to save you time as well. All you will need is a larger baking dish to fit all those stuffed peppers. The stuffed peppers are even great for left overs. Be sure to store them in the refrigerator though to keep them fresh.
- 4-5 large sized bell peppers, seeded halved lengthwise
- 1 pound of Italian or favorite ground sausage
- 1/2 of white onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 cans of 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of cooked white rice
- 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups of grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and let it preheat while you brown your sausage.
- Chop up your onion and toss it in with the sausage. Cook until the onions are tender and the sausage it no longer pink.
- Pour tomato sauce over sausage and add all your seasonings to the mixture.
- Mix in your cooked white rice as well.
- Cut and pull out all the seeds from your bell peppers. Cut them lengthwise.
- Stuff the inside of the peppers with the sausage and rice mix. Stuff them extra full.
- Bake the stuffed peppers for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After they have baked for 15 minutes sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper. Bake for the rest of the time.