Have you ever gone to a restaurant, ate the most amazing dish and you just love? Then you go home and think, “Man, I wish I could have that again.” This is one of those dishes that is so amazing at Olive Garden. Olive Garden is one of my favorite restaurants, and so it’s fun to be able to make this dish myself. If you have never had their Zuppa Toscana you don’t have to miss out. You can make it right here right now in the comfort of your own home. Last year I received a Instant Pot as a gift for Christmas. It has been a great gift that I continue to enjoy often.
I am sure some of you were so fortunate to get one this year for Christmas. They are of course still a very popular item on the market. If you have yet to use your new Instant Pot, today is the day! You can make this delicious and hearty Zuppa Toscana at home in your Instant Pot. It is filled with Italian sausage, kale, potatoes, onions, carrots, celery and garlic.
I have shared a few other Instant Pot recipes before, but I think this is my new favorite. I have made it twice now for my family, and we are all in heaven when I do so. My kids even love it and that is saying something. They are big fans of kale now. When if I asked them to eat kale in a big green salad I think that the answer would of been a big fat NO! The great part about making this soup in the Instant Pot is that it only takes 10 minutes to cook. You really can’t beat that! You won’t be dissapointed with my recipe of Zuppa Toscana. It’s creamy, filling and with just a touch of spice. It hits the spot for sure.
Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana a great Olive Garden copycat #recipe . #instantpot Click To Tweet
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of mild or hot Italian ground sausage
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 2-3 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 cups of kale chopped and stems removed
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsely
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Pour olive oil in the bottom of the pot and brown the sausage.
- Once sausage is almost done toss in carrots, onions, garlic and celery in . Cook until tender.
- Add broth, water, potatoes, seasoning and kale to your Instant Pot. Put the lid on and set to soup for 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually when the timer goes off.
- Whisk together cream and flour. Stir into your soup until thickened.
- Serve while it's hot!