Steel Cut Oats are a favorite in my house. The Instant Pot has been a whole to twist to quick & healthy breakfast though. Instant Pot is a whole new game changer when it comes to any meal planning. The key is it saves time & mess that will be the winner over any other appliance in your kitchen. This warm creamy yummy-ness is a satisfying way to start your mornings. However, I usually cook my steel cut oats on the stove top. The night before so we can enjoy them in the morning. No more doing this since discovering my Instant Pot! The little recipe book that it came with had a recipe for steel cut oats that only takes 3 minutes. I thought why now kick this little recipe up a little. Kick up the flavor of steel cut oats to amazing!
The time for Instant Pot recipes is although a little misleading. It does take a little extra time to depressurize each yummy pot of Steel Cut Oats. I still felt like the time it took to make this amazing breakfast was still in a great time line. I could get up at my normal time in the morning. Place the ingredients in the Instant Pot and press start. Get ready, and they were still hot and ready just in time for a family breakfast before we head out for the day. It still only took 15-20 minutes start to finish.
If you haven’t ever tasted or heard of the amazing healthy but very filling breakfast staple of Steel Cut Oats, keep reading. You are not going to want to miss out on this recipe. Like I said before it’s a true breakfast game changer!A #breakfast game changer. #InstantPot Apple-Cran Steel Cut Oats. #quickoats #healthy Click To Tweet
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
1 Cup of Steel Cut Oats
2 Cups of Water
1 Cup of Apple Juice
1 pinch of Salt
2 Tsp of Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp of Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp of Vanilla
1/4 Cup of Dried Cranberries
1 Apple, diced
- Mix together Steel Cut Oats, dried cranberries, diced apples, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, water & apple juice all together in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and set on manual for 3 minutes. Make sure the nozzle is set on sealed. Allow to depressurize naturally.
- When the timer goes off let it depressurize naturally for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes are up, let the rest of the pressure out.
- Remove the lid and stir the oats before serving. You can add any other favorite toppings. Such as maple syrup, almonds, pecans, coconut or milk/cream.
- Enjoy this lovely breakfast! The oats can be stored in refrigerator for up to 4 days in a sealed container.