Instant Pot Goulash
1 pound of ground hamburger
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt & pepper
1-14.5 oz can of beef broth
1 cup of water
2-8 oz cans of tomato sauce
1-14.5 can of petite diced tomatoes
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp of dried thyme
1/2 tsp of oregano
1 cup of elbow macaroni pasta
Parsley, sour cream & shredded cheddar cheese for serving
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil using the Saute button. Add onions and carrots and saute 3 minutes then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Pour mixture onto a plate and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in pot again using the Saute setting, add beef, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the sauteed veggies to pot along with beef broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, Worcestershire, thyme, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure the release valve is set to sealing. Hit the “Soup” button and adjust it to 4 minutes.
- When time is up, use the quick release method.
- Once the pin has dropped, remove the lid and give it a stir.
- Serve warm garnished with parsley if desired.
**Note: No beef broth on hand: dissolve 3 bullion cubes in 3 cups of boiling water.