Kid Friendly Instant Pot Recipe
I don’t know anyone that isn’t in love with potatoes. Potatoes and meat are most kids favorite covered in ketchup. Okay, the honest truth is adults love it this way too! 🙂 Right?? I am still loving my Instant Pot of course, and I hope you are too. They really do make like easier with a busy family. Summer time is especially the perfect time to have a Instant Pot. Summer is family time! You want to spend as much time out in the sun together, and don’t want to take precious time away from your family when it comes to preparing dinner.
I have come up with this simple and quick kid friendly Instant Pot recipe just the other night. It was the first time making it, and it was approved by my kids. My five year old said, ” Mom, I actually really like this! I wasn’t sure at first, but I’m loving it!” She is my picky eater. She’s that kids who if she see’s a little spec of black anything in her food, she freaks! Mom is that pepper!! I love finding recipes that she will eat seconds of.
I have a small little herb garden I am growing this summer. It has mint, chives, oregano, basil, parsley and cilantro in it. There is something about fresh herbs that makes every dish better. I took the opportunity to use my fresh herbs in this yummy recipe. I hope you enjoy this dish, and that it is a great comfort food for your family! Enjoy!
You will first brown your beef with the chopped onions. Slice the potatoes and chop your fresh herbs to prepare this dish.
Enjoy this kid friendly Instant Pot dish of beef & potatoes! #recipe #instantpot #kidfriendly Click To Tweet
Take your olive oil and grease the inside of the Instant Pot to prevent your dish from sticking to the pot.
Slice two X-large peeled potatoes in 1/4 inch slices.
Layer the ingredients and pour broth over the top, cook on manual for 15 minutes. Enjoy the yummy finished product with all it’s cheesiness the warmth!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2- X-large potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Brown 1 pound of hamburger with chopped onion.
- Take the olive oil and grease the inside of your Instant Pot with a paper towel.
- Slice up the potatoes in 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix together in a small bowl your chopped herbs and salt & pepper.
- In your Instant Pot you will layer the ingredients, making 3 layers.
- Start with hamburger, potatoes, cheese and seasoning, and repeat that 3 times.
- Once you have your layering done, pour 1 cup of chicken broth on top.
- Set your Instant Pot to 15 minutes on Manual, close the lid and seal it.
- When the timer goes off you can release the pressure, and serve it hot!