To freeze apples you will need:
Quart freezing glad bags
An apple slicer, peeler and corer: you can purchase one on Amazon. It makes freezing apples a breeze.
Using the apple peeler, corer and slicer place the apples on it and go for it. Follow the directions that came with the box. Once sliced place a cap full or two to a bowl of water and let apples soak. This will help prevent them from browning too much. Once they have soaked for a few minutes fill your glad bags. Make sure there is not any air stuck in the bag. Write on the outside Apples and the month/year on the bag. Toss in the freezer for a later time.
Here are a few apple recipes that you can now use those apples for:
4 cups of sliced apples
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of old fashion oats
1/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 tsp of cinnamon
3/4 tsp of nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
- Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender.
2 cups of flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of milk
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup of butter, melted
1 cup of peeled, cored and sliced apples
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees . Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and butter. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chopped apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¾ c sugar
- 1 c apple sauce
- 10 small apples peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup nuts (I used chopped pecans)
- 2 c flour
- Beat eggs and sugar. Add applesauce. Beat well. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in apples and nuts. Pour into greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees. Ovens vary in temperature. Bake 40-60 minutes or whenever cake starts to leave the sides of the pan. I usually find that 50 minutes for 10 chopped apples is plenty of time. Check center with a toothpick for readiness.