Do any of your kids have a fall break coming up, or a long weekend break from school? You have come to the right place. Instead of watching endless hours of movies and TV with your kids during these breaks, make slime! If you kids are anything like mine, they love helping create recipes in the kitchen with me. They wont be able to eat this fun recipe, but it will being them lots of fun hours of playing with it.
My 5 year old is obsessed with slime. She has watched YouTube videos of kids playing with slime, making slime and so forth. She has a true obsession, and it makes me laugh. We have tried a few different recipes for slime, and we finally mastered the best one! We tried everything from a shaving cream recipe to a recipe with cornflour. They all failed! It could be the amounts of each ingredient or who knows. This simple recipe that finally was the winner includes just a few ingredients. All you need for this boredom buster slime recipe is borax, Elmer’s glue, water and food coloring. In just a few minutes you will have the perfect slime. Your kids will play with this for hours. It is perfect for those days when you hear “I’m bored” way too many times.
- 14 oz bottle of Elmer's school glue ( you can use white or clear)
- 1 1/2 cups of water, divided
- 1 teaspoon of Borax
- food coloring
- In one bowl combine glue and 1/2 cup of the water. Stir to combine. Add food coloring if desired to have slime other color than white.
- In another larger bowl combine 1 teaspoon of Borax with 1 cup of water. Dissolve borax.
- Slowly pour glue and water mixture into Borax water. Whisking to combine.
- Pour any excess water off being sure to not let slime glob run out.
- Knead with hands to finish combining.
- The slime gets smoother with time as the ingredients combine together.
- Store in sealed container.
I like to buy glue when it’s on sale. A great time to do this is when they put it on sale for back to school, or their after school starts sales. Grab as many as a you can for a great price. Your kids can enjoy making slime all year long!